Tuesday, October 14, 2008

New Christmas Stockings in the shop


Every year, here at home, we have our regular Christmas ornaments, we put up a tree with our lights and decor, the whole house looks very "Christmasy" with the usual colors, green, red, gold etc.
I've always had for the girls a small Christmas tree in their room, one of those you buy at the big box stores for $15.00 or so, and every year we make our own decorations for that tree, it's always very very special, in addition to that, we also put up the Christmas stockings, the ones we use for our fireplace are actually the same ones we've had for years, my husband has had the same stocking all his life, and when we got married, my Mother in Law made sure we all got a stocking with our names on it, so, they are very meaningful to us, and those are the stockings we use in our fireplace.
For the girl's rooms, we normally make special items, I don't know, I think it's partially because we like to spoil the heck out of them, but my excuse is that I like to extend the decoration to the entire house, and, at least for my girls, their rooms are their world, they're the princesses of that far away land ... and for Mommy to come invade with her picked decor is just an insult ... lol, well, maybe not an "insult" but you get what I mean.
So, with people like me in mind, I'm creating what is going to be a pretty long line of Holiday Stockings, made with all the funky fabrics you see throughout my site, they are priced between $20.00 to $25.00 each, a steal for a hand-crafted, boutique quality, gorgeous piece of Holiday Tradition if you asked me!
We are starting to sell these wayy early, this is because, of course, there is always a bit of a wait time to get them out, so we want to be sure you will have plenty of time to order and receive these for the Holidays. I am trying to have most of them ready for shipping, but they are moving quickly so, I want to make sure I let you all know about these with time :)
I also uploaded today this gorgeous Baby Girl Bib, where I used Candy Disco Dots, with an applique of an adorable Birdie in Dandy Damask, the bib is lined with terry cloth, to make it absorbent, and backed with pink swirls minky dots. Just beautiful! And an awesome stocking stuffer!

No comments: