Sunday, May 17, 2009

Family Drama


Hi all! I don't know how much you know about me and Natitys but I thought I'd give you a little background to update you on a few things.

I'm a Navy wife, my hubby, Paul, has been int he Navy for 10 years now, our families are primarily in Orlando, FL, and we are stationed in Virginia at this moment, my husband is a Nuclear Reactor Tech {AKA NUKE} and has a supervisory position in his command.

Anyway, the reason I tell you this, is because his birthday was on the 13th, and it being the middle of the week and all, we decided to wait until Friday to celebrate his 30th birthday. Which, we did, but close to the end of the night, he was going down one step in our deck and stepped incorrectly, rolled over and fell ... it was funny at first, until he said he thought he broke his ankle, the fall was so small and so silly, I was having a hard time believing him, but we did immediately discover he had in fact broken his ankle.

I rushed him to the Hospital, some friends staid with the girls here at home, and at the Hospital he was told it was broken and had to be transferred to the Navy Hospital, 8 hrs later, we were back home from a very long night. He is going to need surgery which is scheduled for this week, and he will also need a lot of medical attention {well, maybe not a "LOT" but frequent Doctor's visits and then, physical therapy etc} so, where I'm getting at, is that it might take me a bit longer to get back to emails, to post things and to complete some projects.

I'm very thankful that his injury was here at home, and although serious, it's common and he will get better, I know he does not share the same luck with a lot of other Military members and I feel extremely lucky he's here and I can take care of him vs the line of fire, in a deployment or any other scenario.

Thanks so much for all the nice notes I've received from a lot of you and I will continue to work at Natitys as normally as possible :) xoxo

No comments: