Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Cuddly Monkeys...

Photobucket
My girls, Natalie and Claire, enjoying the Florida weather

June 20th?? That was the last time I posted on my blog?? Whoa, where did time go? Let me explain, as you probably know, I'm a Navy wife, well, I'm actually a soon-to-be-ex-navy wife! no, I'm not leaving my super-awesome husband, he's finally leaving the Navy {and can I do a happy dance??}, in addition to this, I also moved temporarily to Florida {with my parents, Grandma and 8 dogs}, long story! But I do have yet another move coming up, we don't know where, depends on where Paul gets a job {Nuke, not too many places out there for him} oh and did I mention I had to leave everything in storage, move some things to Paul's temporary room, moved my sister's things out of her room {in FL, she moved out}, move my things in, and now are preparing to go to VA to move Paul's things OUT of the room ... if I never see a moving box again after this ordeal, I'll be a happy camper ... but I'm sure I will.
And I'm also sure I made your head spin {and this was the extremely short version of the story} pretty much, "hectic" seems like a very very SMALL word to describe what life has been the past few months!
I haven't been sewing much these days, don't have the time, or my good machines {in storage!} so, I am very sorry for the non-existent posts!

However, I do have some news, and some new things to show you, so, here's the fin part:
First things first, I follow Patty Young's blog {I actually used to be one of her customers "back in the day" when she used to make the prettiest kid's clothes, she's an awesome designer!} and I learned about this place called SpoonFlower, which is a website, where you can design your own fabric, you can make it available for sale, people purchase it, and you get a cut from the sale. I've been doodling {a LOT} for this website, and things have been selling pretty OK I might say! You can check out my designs here. Oh and let me just add, you will find A M A Z I N G designers on this website, if you're a sewing fanatic, graphic designer, artist or plain and simple curious, you need to check it out!!

Photobucket

My newest designs, are actually meant for a design contest {hosted by Michael Miller, which is a fabric company that I use a LOT for our covers like Groovy Guitars, Damask, Swirls, Carnival Bloom and a TON more} so, when the opportunity came to design something for baby boys for this contest, I was super excited, this would be right up my alley with my baby bedding and baby gear items history! I was totally unsure on what to draw, submit, etc. So, with the help of my friends from OKID, I went with Monkeys! You can look at the entire collection here. But here they are too!

Photobucket
Here's a close-up:



Photobucket
Cuddly Monkeys, this is my submission for the contest {called Project Selvage}

Photobucket
Dottie Dots

Photobucket
Alphabet Monkeys

Photobucket
Framed! Monkeys {really, my favorite!}

And in case you where wondering what the fabrics would be good for, or if they would look good in real life, here are some projects with them, and of course, this is Ed, the monkey:

Photobucket

Photobucket
The other dots fabrics are from Michael Miller, I decided to take the pics with them together so you could see how well they coordinate with existing lines {hint hint!}.

The contest is now in progress, Michael Miller will select 75 entries from their own favorites and then open voting for everyone begins, imagine being able to order them for around $9.00 a yard, and get them in a few days, or even better, in your local quilt shop! {hint hint hint!!}, if this makes it to the first 75, your votes would be very much appreciated!!!

If it does not, or if you don't want to wait, the fabrics are now available for purchase at Spoonflower, starting at $18.00 a yard, depending on what you would like!

Did I make you dizzy? I'm so sorry!! There was {and still is} so much I wanted to talk about!!! You just wait to be bombarded with posts now, then, I will be MIA again for a few weeks, probably moving again! But I will keep everyone posted! Thank you all for your support! And please be sure to leave me a comment if you'd like!


No comments: