Friday, April 1, 2011

TUTORIAL: Hand Tags for everything!

Hi all!
I wanted to share with you these super-adorable hand tags I prepared for Mom's latest craft show, they are pretty simple to make, and if you sell hand-made items, or have a party coming up, this is a super cute idea!
I thought this would give my Mom's items a more "hand-made" feel and they where a real hit, I think that the way you present your items, will make or break a deal, they will also attract customers towards your items!

Photobucket

In addition, these are also great for gifts, birthday or bridal party favors and whatever your heart desires, I ordered some fabric from an etsy seller once, and she had packed the fabric with tissue paper, then she used a stripe of scrap-booking card stock, wrapped it around the wrapped piece of fabric, and glued a tag like this over it with a button, THE CUTEST fabric presentation EVER!

Anyhoo, things you will need:
  1. Scrap booking card-stock.
  2. Printing card-stock.
  3. Hot Glue
  4. Ribbon
  5. Hole puncher
  6. Computer/printer OR stamps {whatever you would like to use for your top layer}.
  7. I splurged a little bit {not just for this project, this little machine is awesome} and bought a SLICE machine, ahh, I just love it! And I don't scrapbook, but it says on the box that it will also cut fabric, so, I'm definitely going to give it a shot as soon as I have the time! lol If you don't have a SLICE, you can also purchase a Puncher, Fiskars has a whole collection of hole punchers with several designs, one of them is a very similar scalloped square to this one.
Photobucket

-Select the card stock you would like to use, and cut it with your SLICE or your Hole puncher, on this particular tags I used the Basic card on my SLICE and cut a ton of these squares, these particular ones are 2.5" but they go up to 4".

-After cutting those, I printed Mom's logo into card stock, and punched the logos out with a Fiskars shaped puncher. I found this to be a lot easier than using the SLICE on already printed paper because I can control where the hole is being cut much better {might be my inexperience too, you should try anyway!}

Photobucket

-So, now I end up with the same amount of both shapes cut up. I take my hot glue gun, and start gluing, I used the hot glue because it's less messy, and it will dry super fast {plus, it gave them a little bit of a 3D effect I sort of liked}.
-In this particular tags, I used the small hole puncher and punched 2 holes on the top of each tag, you can also punch 1, larger.


Photobucket

-After this, you're able to play with the ribbon, you can tie with a knot, or a bow over the top until you get the look you want! I used 2 small holes on these because 1. I could not find my regular hole puncher until I was done with them {the story of my life!} and 2. this made making a bow over the top easier, so, these are very flexible!! lol

I also wanted to share with you that my Cuddly Monkeys fabric, did not make the semi-finals on the contest {sniff sniff} but you should still check out the semi finals and vote, these are GREAT designs, and I don't want to get too technical, but be sure to ask the site on the right hand side to show you what the fabric would look like in one yard, and make sure it doesn't look funky, some of the semi-final designs have this issue, not sure what happened there! LOL

Anyway, thanks so much for reading, and I hope you can take some of these images to put together an awesome set of hand-tags!

No comments: