Monday, April 4, 2011

Infant Car Seat Cover Pattern

Hi All!
I've received an uncommonly amount of emails regarding the printing process of the infant car seat cover pattern, so I will discuss them here for a bit, then to the drawing board to see if I can come up with why this is all of the suddenly happening, but here are the most common issues:
  1. "My pattern printed size is not the same as what you have written down in the instructions page" The most common issue when this happens is the printer settings, because there is such a wide-range of programs, systems and printers, I cannot go over them with you step by step, but what I can tell you is to check your printer settings, they should be "true size" and not adjusted in any shape or form, sometimes the print defaults into "scale to fit media" and this will steal a little bit off the printed size vs the size it should print.
  2. "It printed about 1" smaller than what your specifications say" this normally happens when the printing is set as mentioned above {"scale to fit media"}. The good news is that the pattern is designed as a "wrap around" and it already does have about 1" you can "play with". I tried to give you some wiggle room there. So, if this happens, all you have to do is make sure the harness slots are aligned with the car seat and not off because of the printing size. To do this you can just compare it with your original cover or the car seat itself.
  3. "One of the pieces is printing out smaller than the rest" this is a totally new one for me, but I've noticed a trend of this happening especially in one particular piece, if this happens, just compare what your measurements should be and adjust the part to those measurements, this picture was sent by a customer, so thank you all for your support and willingness to provide images!<span class=
  4. "Will this cover fit the Graco SafeSeat and other variations of the Snugride like the 32?" The short answer to this question is yes, BUT, with some adjustments, for example, the harness slots, will absolutely NOT match, you will need to mark them yourself, and the canopy is slightly larger, I will send you instructions on how to do this wen you purchase the pattern and let me know you need it for the above covers.
  5. "Do you ever re-send the files for free?" If you lose your files for one reason or another, I will send you one replacement set of files, if you lose those, then you need to re-order them.
  6. "Are these covers an exact copy of the original covers?" No, these are covers designed and elaborated by me.
  7. "How hard is it to make my own cover? Do I need to be an experienced sewer?" They are not easy too make, they are time-consuming and these projects are designed for experiences seamstresses, if you do not know how to sew, these instructions will be very much complicated for you.

<span class=
A cover finished by a customer who kindly sent me the image.

I hope this information helps! If your questions are not answered here, or if you have any advise, or ideas on something you tried that worked for you, I'd love to add it here, please email me, I can always update the above!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Will the cover fit Chicco Keyfit 30?
The harness slots i can change, but what about everything else?
Thanks