Thursday, March 22, 2012

Big Bang Bots Wins!

I have very exciting news for you! Almost one week later, you have to excuse me, I was out of town with the fam for Spring Break {which was also awesome!}
I entered my ew design, Big Bang Bots robots, cheater's quilt, into lst week's competition, and while I was gone, something amazing happened, I WON!

View the entire collection {where you can also purchase the fabrics} here.
When I first saw the email, I thought it must be a prank or a typo, surely they where not emailing ME to let me know my fabric won, I mean, I voted for so many other fabrics, because they where SO amazing, but MINE won? really?? WOW!!

That really made my month!
To tell you a little bit about them, I decided to enter the contest because I was having an artistic mind block, I have been working on 2 websites for a couple of months now and I was just stuck, I needed an outlet. When I saw the cheater quilt robots contest, I thought at first I'd skip it, because I have 2 girls, and I could not think about what I could do that was robot related, sometimes that happens to me when I feel something is too boy-ish. {Although, now that I think about it, a good 50% of my designs are either unisex or boy related LOL} so, went to bed, and started thinking, cheater's quilts should have this, should have that, should look like this, like that etc.
When I got up that morning, I had the basic idea, and started drawing away, I already knew what colors I wanted to go with, I have a thing for the color grey these days. So, grey, blue, orange, green, those are the colors!
Once I had the cheater quilt done, which, by the way, I made one version at first and then decided it needed more blue, so, the one above is the second version, my mind just started pouring with ideas on what would look cute with it, and ended up with a collection of 11 prints! lol
I really just wanted to take the time to thank everyone who voted, I had no idea the design was so popular, and it took me a while to get this post done because I was out on a short spring break vacation with the family. But all votes and lovely comments are very much appreciated, thank you SO MUCH!

No comments: